PlayEdge runs a subscription-based premium game store with currently over 5,000 titles. On the company blog, fans are treated to frequent news updates related to gaming both on and off the PlayEdge platform. Below, PlayEdge breaks down what can be expected from the highly anticipated, new Patch 6.0 for Final Fantasy.
Fans of Final Fantasy 14 (FFXIV) are nearing the end of a waiting period. The latest game expansion, Endwalker, is the fourth expansion in the franchise and is set to launch this Fall. The newest content will conclude an 8-year-long story arc that began in 2013.
Square Enix, the game’s developers, have promised new jobs, areas, and even updated gameplay mechanics in the latest release. As a result, PlayEdge relates there’s a lot of excitement in store for new and veteran players alike. Below, we’ll cover everything you can expect in Patch 6.0.
Final Fantasy XIV: Release Date Revealed
FFXIV was given two release dates during Square Enix’s 2021 fan festival. The expansion launches worldwide on November 23rd, 2021. However, if you pre-order the title, you’ll receive early access starting November 19th.
A Storyline Concludes
Endwalker Patch 6.0 is set to draw the game’s Hydaelyn and Zodiark storyline to an end. This storyline began in A Realm Reborn, the main game’s second expansion from 2013.
During initial announcements, fans were concerned this conclusion meant the popular MMORPG would soon end. However, Square Enix has assured the player base this will not be the case. After the initial debut, post-launch patches and updates will start incorporating new storyline threads.
Details on what the new storyline entails have not been released, sources tell PlayEdge.
Brand New Jobs Available in Endwalker
Patch 6.0 offers players two new jobs (classes) following its launch – The Sage and The Reaper. Here’s what these new classes entail:
- The Sage: This will be a new healer job. The Sage is a barrier healer that uses knife-like weapons. This role heals allies by damaging opponents. Additionally, they can form protective barriers for their team.
- The Reaper: This is a scythe-wielding melee DPS class. It’ll have the ability to summon a pet from the Void to help with close-ranged encounters. Developers have hinted this class will have a flamboyant and brutal fighting style.
Be warned: even if you’ve purchased Endwalker, neither of these jobs will be available until you’ve reached Level 70 in any other class. The Sage questline will start in Limsa Lominsa, while The Reaper begins in Ul’dah.
New Areas to Explore
The upcoming Patch 6.0 promises new areas to journey through. This expansion will introduce:
- Thavnair, a colorful island region with a massive jungle, beaches, and plains among the towns and outposts.
- Labyrinthos, a mysterious underground location with an artificial sky.
- Mare Lamentorum, a zone stationed on the Moon. Little else is known about the location.
- Garlemald, an imperial capital city with Roman aesthetics that was only previously shown in certain cutscenes.
- Old Sharlayan, the latest major hub city and home to the scientists, scholars, and historians mentioned in FFXIV lore.
New Character Races to Choose From
The robust FFXIV character creator offers seven races for players to choose from. Race is an appearance-related choice and hardly affects character stats. While an entirely new race isn’t in the cards, developers have added a male version of the Viera.
Viera were traditionally only available as female characters, but with Patch 6.0, that is no longer that case, according to PlayEdge. In addition, the active fashion community within the game has expressed their eagerness to try out a new character design.
Updates to Current Gameplay Mechanics
A new expansion often means updates and additions to gameplay. Endwalker Patch 6.0 is no exception. Players can expect the following updates to presently existing mechanics:
- The max level cap will increase by 10, making it possible for players to reach level 90.
- To help previously max-level participants reach the new cap, Square Enix is including new dungeons, updated dungeon difficult, and is introducing the raid series Myths of the Realm. All give opportunities for experience points and items.
- Players can expect added Beast Tribes in the game, which means additional Beast Tribe daily quests for in-game rewards.
- New gear and updates to current-gear stats will be released with Patch 6.0.
- New crafting recipes are set to launch so players can make in-game items, like armor and weaponry.
- A new residential area will be added in Ishgard. Players have expressed relief in the news, considering the existing in-game housing crisis.
One of the most notable changes, however, will be to current classes. Players can expect stats and move set changes to certain jobs. Most of the changes revolve around an increase of power.
FFXIV Endwalker Patch 6.0, Releasing Late November
Final Fantasy 14 Endwalker will be available on the PC, PS5, and PS4. Depending on your platform, you can access the new content via Steam, on the Square Enix website, or the PlayStation Store.
The latest expansion comes with tons of new content and a promise of more in the future. Long-time players will see the end of an almost decade-long storyline, while new fans can experience it from beginning to end.
Although no more announcements are expected from Square Enix regarding Endwalker at this time, fans can expect a few last-minute surprises leading up to the release date.