The OCNJ Healthy Living Advisory Council will host its first Health, Fitness & Wellness Expo from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 28 at the Ocean City Sports and Civic Center at Sixth Street and the Boardwalk.
The event will feature health food, fitness classes, speakers, vendors and a “Kids Corner” with information on raising healthy children. All are invited to this free event in a town that features the beach, Boardwalk and a wide variety of other indoor and outdoor health and recreational facilities. For more information, call 609-399-6111.
- 10 a.m.: Expo begins
- 10:15 – 10:50 a.m.: Surfing, Skateboarding, Paddleboarding with Willie Fannon
- 11 – 11:30 a.m.: La Blast, Academy of Ballroom Dance
- 11:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.: Karen Ranzi, M. A., CCC-SLP, “Eating Well on a Budget with Healthy Food: Save Money and Save Your Life”
- 12:00 p.m.: Spotlight Dance, Academy of Ballroom Dance
- 12:15 – 12:50 p.m.: Dr. Mark Kemenosh, “The Art of Pain Relief, Recovery, Performance and Prevention with the Gold Standard of Sports Therapy for World Class Athletes”
- 1:00 – 1:30 p.m.: Salsa Class, Academy of Ballroom Dance
- 1:30 – 1:45 p.m.: Group Zumba
- 1:45 – 2 p.m.: Bicycle Safety with OCPD Officer Jen Elias
- 2 p.m.: Spotlight Dance, Academy of Ballroom Dance
- 2:15 – 3 p.m.: Dr. Andy Mars, “Raising Healthy Kids”
- 3 – 3:30 p.m.: Exercise with Michael Hartman
- 3:30 – 4 p.m.: Group Yoga
The expo ends at 4 p.m.