The Cape May County Department of Health reported three new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, bringing the total number to nine in the county.
A 60-year-old female, a 54-year-old female and a 19-year-old female are the latest people to be infected. Of the nine total confirmed coronavirus cases in Cape May County, all of the people are recovering at their homes, with the exception of one who is doing well at an out of county hospital, according to a county press release.
The Cape May County Department of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID-19, which includes a comprehensive contact tracing.
During an investigation, the Health Department determines who came in close contact with anyone infected with coronavirus and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals, including isolation and quarantine.
In New Jersey, more than 4,402 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 62 deaths have been reported so far.
The following is a breakdown of coronavirus cases in Cape May County by municipality:
|CAPE MAY CITY||1|
|CAPE MAY POINT||0|
|SEA ISLE CITY||1|
|WEST CAPE MAY||0|
Residents are urged to continue to take simple steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands with liquid soap and water, and rub for at least 20 seconds, or use alcohol-based sanitizer if soap and water are not available;
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing;
- Stay home if you are sick;
- Regularly clean high-touch surfaces
- When you have to go out for essential items, practice social distancing, minimize your time out and wash your hands as soon as possible afterward
Stay up to date on the current situation as it evolves. Some reliable sources are the New Jersey Poison Information and Education System hotline at 1-800-222-1222, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at www.cdc.gov, the World Health Organization at www.who.int and the New Jersey Department of Health at www.nj.gov/health.
For additional information, visit the Cape May County Department of Health website at www.cmchealth.net.