“Swingin’ Into the Holidays: Ocean City’s Holiday Spectacular” will open 7:30 p.m. this Friday (Dec. 11) at the Ocean City Music Pier.
The holiday spectacular is a Greater Ocean City Theatre Company production. Admission will be $18 for adults and $15 for kids under 12. Tickets are available at the info desk located in City Hall (9th Street and Asbury Avenue), online at ocnj.us/boxoffice, or by phone at 609-399-6111. There will be showtimes through Dec. 20.
More upcoming holiday events include:
- Dec. 11-13 — Swingin’ to the Holidays: 2015 Spectacular at the Music Pier, Moorlyn Terrace and Boardwalk. Presented by the Greater Ocean City Theater Co. An enchanting cast of professional singers and dancers will present a high energy, family-oriented, song and dance tribute to the holidays directed and choreographed by Michael Hartman. Through dazzling costumes, familiar songs and special effects, the show will kindle the holiday spirit as the magic of the season comes to life in a brand new musical journey through seasonal favorites. Tickets $18 general admission, $15 children 12 and under. Show times Dec. 11&12-7:30 p.m., Dec.13-2 p.m. Call (609) 399-6111 or visit www.ocnj.us/boxoffice.
- Dec. 12 — Live Nativity: 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. at the Ocean City Tabernacle
- Dec. 12 — Happy Birthday Jesus: Children’s program with St. Peter’s United Methodist Church, 10:30 a.m. at the Ocean City Tabernacle
- Dec. 12 — “Magi”: Word of Life Gospel Production, 7 p.m. at the Ocean City Tabernacle
- Dec. 12 — Santa & his Toy Shoppe and Friends: Live, fun-filled family show, 2 p.m. at the Flanders Hotel, 11th and Boardwalk. Come join Santa and his elves, newest reindeer, enjoy a puppet show, balloon animals and refreshments. For tickets call
- Dec. 12-13 — Breakfast With Santa: 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Sat. 12/12, Sunrise Café, 1200 Asbury Ave., Sun., 12/13 Jon & Patty’s Coffee Bar & Bistro, 637 Asbury.
- Dec. 12-13 — Free Horse & Carriage Rides: Noon to 3 p.m. in front of City Hall, 9th and Asbury Ave. For more information call 1-800-BEACH-NJ.
- Dec. 12-13 — Photos With Santa: Noon to 3 p.m. in front of the Music Pier. There will be a $10 charge per photo. For more information, call 1-800-BEACH-NJ.
- Dec. 13 — Angelus Chorus: The 65-voice Angelus Chorus will be featured in a program of traditional Christmas music and scriptures at the Ocean City Tabernacle, 5th and Wesley Ave. at 3 p.m. The chorus will be directed by Richard Stanislaw and feature tenor, John Taylor and the Tapestry String Quartet. Admission is free, offering received.
- Dec. 15 — A Christmas Sing-In: 6:30 p.m. in the Crown Bank Lobby, 8th and Asbury Ave. Get in tune for the holidays as you join in with songs and carols for the holiday season. Sponsored by Operafest International, Inc. For information, call Nancy Fox, at Fox Vocal Arts, (609) 399-7291.
- Dec. 18 — Swingin’ to the Holidays: A Christmas spectacular by the Ocean City Theatre Company will be repeated at 10:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. at the Ocean City Music Pier.
- Dec. 19 — Breakfast Buffet with Santa: 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at the Flanders Hotel, 11th and Boardwalk. Each child will receive a treat from Santa. Bring your camera and call for reservations (609) 399-1000.
- Dec. 19 — Elf Jr., the Musical: presented by the Ocean City Theatre Co., featuring students 3rd to 8th grade at the Music Pier, Boardwalk and Moorlyn Terrace. Show times 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Tickets, Adults $15, kids12 and under $12. Call (609) 399-6111 or visit www.ocnj.us/boxoffice.
- Dec. 19 — Hansel and Gretel: 1 p.m., live family show. Enjoy a magical, musical, adventure of two children and their escape from an evil witch. Call the Flanders Hotel, 11th and Boardwalk, for pricing and tickets (609) 399-1000.
- Dec. 19 — “The Sounds of Christmas: 2 p.m. in the Chris Maloney Lecture Hall at the Ocean City Free Public Library, 17th and Simpson Ave. Admission is free. Featuring Ocean City Pops musicians Pamela Whitman on flutes, Mark O’Kain, Xylophone and Jeffrey Uhlig, piano. Their music will capture the Spirit of the Season ranging from intimate to meditative to joyful and playful.
- Dec. 19-20 — Breakfast with Santa: 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Sat. 12/19, Arlene’s on Asbury, 624 Asbury Ave., Sun., 12/20 Yianni’s Café, 841 Asbury Ave.
- Dec. 19-20 — Free Horse & Carriage Rides: Noon to 3 p.m. start in front of City Hall, 9th and Asbury Ave. Call 1-800 BEACH-NJ.
- Dec.19-20 — Photos with Santa: Noon to 3 p.m. in front of the Music Pier. Photo fee $10. For more information, call, 1-800 BEACH-NJ.
- Dec. 20 — Holiday High Tea: 2 p.m., served in the elegant ballrooms of the Flanders Hotel. Enjoy carolers and a special gourmet holiday tea menu. Gifts for each guest. Call Flanders for reservations and price. (609) 399-1000.
- Dec. 31 — First Night New Year’s Eve Celebration: REMINDER: Get your FIRST NIGHT ADMISSION BUTTONS NOW! for Ocean City’s Gala New Year’s Eve Celebration that provides continuous family entertainment from 4 p.m. until midnight capped by a fireworks display. Buttons are now available for $15 from www.firstnightocnj.com or by calling 1-800-BEACH-NJ. Buttons are also available at the City Hall Welcome Center, 9th and Asbury Ave. After December 15, buttons will be priced at $20.
- Jan. 10 (2016) — Cape Shore Chorale: Directed by Scott J. Breiner, the Cape Shore Chorale will present An Old Fashioned Christmas on January 10th, 2016 at 3:00 PM at Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, 30th and Bay Ave, Ocean City. The annual Epiphany concert will include holiday favorites. Free will offering. Please join us after the concert for light refreshments and to meet Chorale members. This program is partially funded by a grant from the Ocean City Home Bank Charitable Foundation. More info: www.capeshorechorale.org