Ocean City firefighters extinguished a blaze Sunday night at a home on Spruce Road.
At 11:06 p.m., the Ocean City Department of Fire and Rescue Services responded to 37 Spruce Road for a report of a chimney fire. No injuries were reported, according to a city news release Tuesday.
Firefighters saw smoke and fire around the outside of the chimney and discovered moderate amounts of smoke in the attic, which was also on fire. The fire was quickly under control, the release said.
Mutual aid was provided by the Marmora Volunteer Fire Department and Margate City Fire Department for station coverage.