Home Latest Stories Changes Made to Recycling Program

Changes Made to Recycling Program

The Cape May County Municipal Utilities Authority.

Shredded paper and bulky mixed rigid plastic should now be thrown out as trash in Ocean City instead of being recycled, according to a new change in Cape May County’s recycling rules.

Bulky mixed rigid plastic includes plastic laundry baskets, plastic toys and playhouses, plastic lawn furniture, empty plastic trashcans and plastic coolers.

Cardboard, office paper, newspaper, junk mail, magazines, paperback books, dry food boxes, beverage carriers and clean pizza boxes should continue to be recycled and placed in your recycling can.

Ocean City will provide free paper-shredding on Saturday, Oct. 12.

For questions, call the Ocean City Department of Public Works at 609-399-6111, ext. 9711.