There will be a free Christmas Sing-In held in the Crown Bank Lobby at 6:30 p.m. on Dec. 15.
Community members of all ages and skill levels are encouraged to come together and sing to holiday songs and carols. Participants can even bring musical instruments.
The event is sponsored by Operafest International, Inc. For information, Nancy Fox of Fox Vocal Arts can be reached at 609-399-7291.
More upcoming holiday events include:
- Dec. 18 — Swingin’ to the Holidays: A Christmas spectacular by the Ocean City Theatre Company will be repeated at 10:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. at the Ocean City Music Pier.
- Dec. 19 — Breakfast Buffet with Santa: 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at the Flanders Hotel, 11th and Boardwalk. Each child will receive a treat from Santa. Bring your camera and call for reservations (609) 399-1000.
- Dec. 19 — Elf Jr., the Musical: presented by the Ocean City Theatre Co., featuring students 3rd to 8th grade at the Music Pier, Boardwalk and Moorlyn Terrace. Show times 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Tickets, Adults $15, kids12 and under $12. Call (609) 399-6111 or visit www.ocnj.us/boxoffice.
- Dec. 19 — Hansel and Gretel: 1 p.m., Sandi-Pointe Restaurant in Somers Point. Live family show. Enjoy a magical, musical, adventure of two children and their escape from an evil witch.
- Dec. 19 — “The Sounds of Christmas: 2 p.m. in the Chris Maloney Lecture Hall at the Ocean City Free Public Library, 17th and Simpson Ave. Admission is free. Featuring Ocean City Pops musicians Pamela Whitman on flutes, Mark O’Kain, Xylophone and Jeffrey Uhlig, piano. Their music will capture the Spirit of the Season ranging from intimate to meditative to joyful and playful.
- Dec. 19-20 — Breakfast with Santa: 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Sat. 12/19, Arlene’s on Asbury, 624 Asbury Ave., Sun., 12/20 Yianni’s Café, 841 Asbury Ave.
- Dec. 19-20 — Free Horse & Carriage Rides: Noon to 3 p.m. start in front of City Hall, 9th and Asbury Ave. Call 1-800 BEACH-NJ.
- Dec.19-20 — Photos with Santa: Noon to 3 p.m. in front of the Music Pier. Photo fee $10. For more information, call, 1-800 BEACH-NJ.
- Dec. 20 — Holiday High Tea: 2 p.m., served in the elegant ballrooms of the Flanders Hotel. Enjoy carolers and a special gourmet holiday tea menu. Gifts for each guest. Call Flanders for reservations and price. (609) 399-1000.
- Dec. 31 — First Night New Year’s Eve Celebration: REMINDER: Get your FIRST NIGHT ADMISSION BUTTONS NOW! for Ocean City’s Gala New Year’s Eve Celebration that provides continuous family entertainment from 4 p.m. until midnight capped by a fireworks display. Buttons are now available for $15 from www.firstnightocnj.com or by calling 1-800-BEACH-NJ. Buttons are also available at the City Hall Welcome Center, 9th and Asbury Ave. After December 15, buttons will be priced at $20.
- Jan. 10 (2016) — Cape Shore Chorale: Directed by Scott J. Breiner, the Cape Shore Chorale will present An Old Fashioned Christmas on January 10th, 2016 at 3:00 PM at Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, 30th and Bay Ave, Ocean City. The annual Epiphany concert will include holiday favorites. Free will offering. Please join us after the concert for light refreshments and to meet Chorale members. This program is partially funded by a grant from the Ocean City Home Bank Charitable Foundation. More info: www.capeshorechorale.org