Six historic properties in Ocean City will receive a combined $1.5 million in reimbursements for repair of Superstorm Sandy damage.
The following historic sites were awarded relief grants:
- Ocean City Transportation Center (10th Street and Haven Avenue): $501,000
- My Shore House (guest house at 638 Wesley Avenue): $335,879
- City Hall (Ninth Street and Asbury Avenue): $230,000
- First Presbyterian Church (701 Wesley Avenue): $151,000
- St. Peter’s United Methodist Church (Eighth Street and Central Avenue): $145,229
- Ocean City Life Saving Station (Fourth Street and Atlantic Avenue): $143,031
The money was appropriated from the federal Historic Preservation Fund, which is financed by federal Outer Continental Shelf oil lease revenues, not tax dollars.
The New Jersey Historic Trust reviewed historic sites in the state affected by Sandy and deemed 37 eligible for a combined $8 million in the federal grants.
The grants were announced last week.