Tickets for all shows in the 2019 Ocean City Pops season will go on sale starting at 9 a.m. Thursday, April 25.
Now in its 91st season, the local orchestra will share the stage this summer with a wide array of musical talents. The lineup promises something for fans of every kind of music.
Tickets will be available at oceancityvacation.com/boxoffice, by calling 609-399-6111, or in-person at the City Hall Welcome Center, the Roy Gillian Welcome Center on the Route 52 causeway, the 46th Street Welcome Center and at the Ocean City Music Pier Welcome Center on weekends (9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).
The season will include performances with special themes ranging from Broadway songs and full musicals, to patriotic classics, to movie themes and tunes, to a salute to the American Legion on its 100th anniversary.
Some special highlights with the Ocean City Pops include the following:
- Patina Miller: The Tony-winning actress, currently starring on the CBS hit drama series “Madam Secretary,” has a resume that encompasses Broadway, TV, film and music.” The show is 7:30 p.m. July 14 and caps off Night in Venice weekend in Ocean City.
- Katherine Jenkins: Cherished as one of Great Britain’s all-time favorite singers, Jenkins last year was officially crowned the No.1 selling “Classical Music Artist of the Last 25 Years” by Classic FM. The show is 7:30 p.m. Aug. 11.
- Cheyenne Jackson: The Grammy-nominated singer and songwriter is also a multi-talented actor. He was most recently seen in FX’s “American Horror Story: Apocalypse” and can be seen next in Disney’s “Descendants 3,” coming later in 2019. The show is 7:30 p.m. Aug. 21.
- Here She Is – Former Miss Americas in Concert: Two former Miss Americas join the Pops in a concert featuring a musical journey through Broadway, pop and opera. Miss America 2002 Katie Harman Ebner and Miss America 2012 Laura Kaeppeler will perform as special guest vocalists. The show is 7:30 p.m. Sept. 4.
- LaKisha Jones in Queens of Rock and Soul: Join the “American Idol” finalist in a celebration of the great ladies of soul, including Diana Ross, Donna Summer, Tina Turner, the legendary Aretha Franklin and Whitney Houston. The show is 7:30 p.m. Sept. 7.
For more information and a complete schedule, visit www.ocnj.us/oceancitypops.
EVENTS THIS WEEKEND:
CLEAN OCEAN ACTION BEACH SWEEP (April 27): Check in and pick up supplies at the Ocean City Music Pier for a volunteer beach cleanup 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 27. All organizations and families are encouraged to participate in this annual statewide event to help keep our beaches clean and safe and to protect our coastal environment. For more information, call 609-399-6111, ext. 9711.
BOARDWALK AND DOWNTOWN MERCHANT TABLE SALES (April 27 and 28): On the Boardwalk and Asbury Avenue between Sixth Street and 14th Street.
GREAT STRIDES WALK FOR THE CYSTIC FIBROSIS FOUNDATION (April 27): Support the CF community and have a fun time walking the Boardwalk from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. with registration at the Ocean City High School practice field (Sixth Street and Boardwalk). For more information, visit www.cff.org/greatstrides or call 610-325-6001.
COLONY CLUB FASHION SHOW (April 27): The local Colony Club’s annual Fashion Show Scholarship Fundraiser will be held 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. April 27 at Ocean City Senior Center (1735 Simpson Ave.). Tickets are $35. Contact Judi Levy for tickets at 609-247-1332 or email email@example.com. Proceeds benefit the Colony Club of Ocean City Scholarship Fund.
HISTORICAL MUSEUM SUNDAY BRUNCH (April 28): An Ocean City Historical Museum fundraiser will feature a presentation by John Loeper on “Snow, Ice and Sand.” The event will include brunch at Clancy’s by the Bay in Somers Point. Ticket prices: $32 general public, $28 members. Tickets may be purchased at the museum within the Ocean City Community Center (1735 Simpson Ave.) or by calling 609-399-1801. Reservations are required.
COMING IN MAY:
SPRING BLOCK PARTY (May 4): More than 350 crafters line a mile of Asbury Avenue from Fifth Street to 14th Street for the Spring Block Party from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on the first Saturday in May. The event also includes food vendors, music and more. For more information, call 1-800-BEACH-NJ.
BOARDWALK AND DOWNTOWN MERCHANT TABLE SALES (May 4 and 5): On the Boardwalk and Asbury Avenue between Sixth Street and 14th Street.
WALK MS OCEAN CITY 2019 (May 5): Walk to create a world free of multiple sclerosis. Registration begins at 9 a.m. at the Ocean City Civic Center (Sixth and Boardwalk) and the walk begins at 10 a.m. For more information, visit www.walkms.org or call 267-765-5145.
MARTIN Z. MOLLUSK DAY (May 11): Come and find out if summer is coming early as Ocean City’s mascot seeks his shadow. Event begins at 11 a.m. on the beach at Ninth Street.
MODERN MUSCLE CAR INVASION (May 11): Modern muscle cars will be displayed on the Boardwalk between Fifth Street and 14th Street from noon to 5 p.m. For more information, visit www.modernmusclecarinvasion.com.
BALLROOM WITH A TWIST (May 11): The show will feature Emma Slater and Tristan MacManus, professional dancers who competed in multiple seasons of “Dancing With the Stars.” “Ballroom With a Twist” comes to the Ocean City Music Pier at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, May 11. Tickets for the show ($25 to $40) are on sale now. Visit oceancityvacation.com/boxoffice, call 609-399-6111, or stop by the City Hall Welcome Center (Ninth Street and Asbury Avenue), the Roy Gillian Welcome Center on the Route 52 causeway, the 46th Street Welcome Center, or the Music Pier Box Office on weekends.
TUNES FOR TREES (MAY 11): Piano men Scott Nuss and Andrew Hink will perform the best of the ’60s, ’70s and ’80s in a concert to benefit the Pinelands Preservation Alliance. Showtime is 7:30 p.m. at the Ocean City Tabernacle (550 Wesley Avenue). General admission is a donation of $15 per person ($10 with a school ID). Tickets will be sold at the door, based on availability. For tickets in advance, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WEST CHESTER SENIOR STRINGS (May 12): A free Mother’s Day concert begins at 4 p.m. at the Ocean City Music Pier.