Wednesday (March 11) marks the six-year anniversary of the day an Ocean City man disappeared from his home on the 200 block of Asbury Avenue without any explanation.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) continues to offer a $50,000 reward to anybody who can provide information on the whereabouts of John T. Weisbecker.
Weisbecker would be 27 years old today. He is 6’2″ with blue eyes and several tattoos on his torso and arms. He has brown hair and wore a brown mustache at the time of his disappearance.
Police discovered signs of a possible struggle when they investigated Weisbecker’s home after his mother reported him missing on March 11, 2009. A postal worker was the last to see him that morning. His credit cards have not been used, and his bank accounts remained untouched. His car was still parked at the home on Asbury Avenue.
The Cape May County Prosecutor’s Office, the FBI, the Ocean City Police Department and State Police continue to investigate.
According to the FBI, investigators have reason to believe:
- It is likely that more than one person was involved in Weisbecker’s disappearance.
- More than one person likely has information that could facilitate his recovery.
- Weisbecker was likely familiar with the people who caused his disappearance.
- The people involved in Weisbecker’s disappearance are likely familiar with the Cape May County area.
- There have been several people who have been hesitant to fully cooperate with the investigation.
Anybody with information is asked to call the Prosecutor’s Major Crimes Unit at 609-465-1135, the Ocean City Police Department at 609-399-9111, Cape May County Crime Stoppers at 609-465-2800 or the FBI Newark Division at 973-792-3000.