It’s a summer like no other, as Ocean City and area businesses begin to open up, adjust to the new normal and greet seasonal visitors, second homeowners and residents.
There’s a spirit of optimism as America’s Greatest Family Resort rebounds from the days of sheltering in place and closing of many institutions and businesses. Customers want to buy products and services, and need to do so with the confidence that they and their families are safe to move past the crisis.
That’s where OCNJ Daily and its MediaWize sister sites in Sea Isle City, Somers Point and Downbeach (Longport, Margate and Ventnor) come in. MediaWize stands ready to help area businesses with customizable, flexible and affordable marketing and advertising packages.
MediaWize’s sites have the largest audience in our region, which gives us the ability to get our advertisers’ messages out in the most efficient way for them to capitalize on business this summer.
For starters, OCNJ Daily is rolling out a new resource for both paid and non-paid businesses, called “Safely Open for Business.” It will run beneath each day’s feature story on OCNJ Daily.
The free service will allow local businesses to list their name, phone number, address, and core product or service.
Paying customers will receive larger and more prominent placement with the above information, as well as a 90-second video that we will produce. The video will educate customers on how they can safely shop at the business, what safety steps have been taken, and brief them on the quality of their product or services.
OCNJ Daily and the other MediaWize sites deliver like no other media in South Jersey, with 2.5 million viewers across the four sites and spanning multiple generations. Our readers enjoy household income in the middle, upper middle and upper income categories, and a gender split of 60 percent female, 40 percent male.
“We can do what newspapers, radio and other media cannot,” said MediaWize’s Mike DeVlieger. “Our sites engage customers and give them sound reasons to shop with you versus your business competition.”
DeVlieger noted that “no two businesses are the same and they have unique needs. Matching those unique needs with the optimal marketing campaign is something we excel at doing.”
Among the options open through OCNJ Daily and MediaWize:
- Featured Business Profile Stories – These stories dig in deep on the story behind the business and what makes the business stand out. They are excellent at bringing awareness for new businesses, as well as reminding customers of what made the iconic businesses famous.
- Banner Ads – They remind locals and vacationers every day that you are a trusted business and ready to support their needs.
- eBlast – Individual blasts that are sent to our App and email subscribers exclusively focused on your business and the message that you are looking to share. They can be scheduled for release at any time based on your business needs.
- Bundled Services — We can put many of our services together in a package to reduce the cost of each service, if purchased separately.
- Payment Plans — We know some businesses are cash-poor as they get back on their feet. We’ll work with you to develop a payment plan that can spread out over time, so that your registers will ring before you are billed.
We are experts at looking at each business’s unique needs and customizing strategies and tactics that will help you reach your goals.
We also stand ready to help businesses recruit employees and fill staffing needs with a new employment section that will not only run on OCNJ Daily, but also on our other three regional sites. Employers will have the option to list all of their hiring needs for one low price on a monthly or seasonal rate.
“I’m excited for the future of our community as we emerge on the other side of this crisis,” DeVlieger said, “and I welcome the opportunity to help businesses do so this summer.”
For more information, call Mike on his cell phone at 609-231-8987 or email him at mike@OCNJ Daily.com.