A Cumberland County man was arrested Thursday and charged with multiple counts of drug possession, including, cocaine, methamphetamine, marijuana and prescription pills, Ocean City police said.
At 12:52 p.m. Thursday, Detectives Richard Wilent and Matthew Crowley pulled over a vehicle for traffic violations driven by 44-year-old Eliezer Rodriguez, of Vineland.
While making the traffic stop, the detectives smelled marijuana coming from inside the vehicle. They conducted a search and discovered crack cocaine, methamphetamine, marijuana, prescription pills and drug paraphernalia. The drugs were packaged for distribution, police said in a press release.
Rodriguez was charged with drug offenses. He was also given a ticket for failure to wear a seatbelt.
He was taken to the Cape May County Correctional Facility pending a bail hearing.
Charges are as follows:
- Possession of cocaine over half an ounce (2nd degree)
- Distribution of cocaine (2nd degree)
- Possession of methamphetamine over half an ounce (2nd degree)
- Distribution of methamphetamine (2nd degree)
- Possession of marijuana under 50 grams (disorderly persons offense)
- Possession of prescription pills (3rd degree)
- Possession of drug paraphernalia (disorderly persons offense)