There was a large turnout of supporters for a fun filled event for the Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, an organization that raises funds and awareness for childhood cancer research, in memory of Hailey Parker.
Hailey Parker was an 11 year old OC summer resident who loved to dance and loved ice cream. She lost her battle to brain cancer in October 2015, and her friends organize this event to remember her and the things she enjoyed in a town she loved.
This year’s event featured a wide variety of entertainment and goodies for the family:
- Free Yoasis Treats for each dancer
- Lemonade Stand
- OCFD Fire Truck
- Hot Dogs from Varsity Inn, Pretzels from EHT Philly Pretzel Company and Donuts from Dot’s Pastries
- Mermaid and Pirate Face Painting by Bowfish Kids
- Nail Painting by e11even studio salon
- Flower Crown Making by Bohemian Mama
- Wood Painting by Peace of Wood
- Photo Booth
- Appearances by the Nor’Easters and OC Celebrities
This years goal was to beat last years fundraising mark of $12,500. At the time of publication, we do not have the official tally for the event. You still have the opportunity to help.
If you couldn’t make it today, you can still contribute to the cause online: https://www.alexslemonade.org/mypage/1312420