Ocean City will enjoy some October weather in December this weekend as the forecast calls for sunny weather with highs in the low to mid-60s.
While the mainland flirts with record warmth, Ocean City will see slightly cooler temperatures due to its proximity to a 51-degree ocean. But the wind will be light and out of the southwest.
Saturday’s forecast calls for patchy fog before 10 a.m., then a mostly sunny day with a high near 65 degrees.
Sunday will be sunny with a high near 64 degrees.
The surf forecast calls for 1 to 2 foot waves both days.
The weather should be ideal for weekend events that include:
- Dec. 11-13 — Swingin’ to the Holidays: 2015 Spectacular at the Music Pier, Moorlyn Terrace and Boardwalk. Presented by the Greater Ocean City Theater Co. An enchanting cast of professional singers and dancers will present a high energy, family-oriented, song and dance tribute to the holidays directed and choreographed by Michael Hartman. Through dazzling costumes, familiar songs and special effects, the show will kindle the holiday spirit as the magic of the season comes to life in a brand new musical journey through seasonal favorites. Tickets $18 general admission, $15 children 12 and under. Show times Dec. 11&12-7:30 p.m., Dec.13-2 p.m. Call (609) 399-6111 or visit www.ocnj.us/boxoffice.
- Dec. 12 — Live Nativity: 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. at the Ocean City Tabernacle
- Dec. 12 — Happy Birthday Jesus: Children’s program with St. Peter’s United Methodist Church, 10:30 a.m. at the Ocean City Tabernacle
- Dec. 12 — “Magi”: Word of Life Gospel Production, 7 p.m. at the Ocean City Tabernacle
- Dec. 12 — Santa & his Toy Shoppe and Friends: Live, fun-filled family show, 2 p.m. at the Flanders Hotel, 11th and Boardwalk. Come join Santa and his elves, newest reindeer, enjoy a puppet show, balloon animals and refreshments. For tickets call
- Dec. 12-13 — Breakfast With Santa: 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Sat. 12/12, Sunrise Café, 1200 Asbury Ave., Sun., 12/13 Jon & Patty’s Coffee Bar & Bistro, 637 Asbury.
- Dec. 12-13 — Free Horse & Carriage Rides: Noon to 3 p.m. in front of City Hall, 9th and Asbury Ave. For more information call 1-800-BEACH-NJ.
- Dec. 12-13 — Photos With Santa: Noon to 3 p.m. in front of the Music Pier. There will be a $10 charge per photo. For more information, call 1-800-BEACH-NJ.
- Dec. 13 — Angelus Chorus: The 65-voice Angelus Chorus will be featured in a program of traditional Christmas music and scriptures at the Ocean City Tabernacle, 5th and Wesley Ave. at 3 p.m. The chorus will be directed by Richard Stanislaw and feature tenor, John Taylor and the Tapestry String Quartet. Admission is free, offering received.