On Oct. 10 at 5:05 a.m. the Ocean City Police Department and Cape May County Regional SWAT Team served a search warrant on an apartment located inside a condominium complex at 921 Wesley Ave., resulting in the arrest of three residents for alleged drugs and weapons offenses.
The search warrant was a result of a month-long investigation into the sale of controlled dangerous substances from that location, according to a police press release. Authorities arrested Russell McGraw, Mary Hyson and Tomas Pratts, all of Ocean City.
Seized during the search warrant was an AR-15 assault weapon, pistol grip shotgun, brass knuckles, marijuana, drug paraphernalia, high capacity magazines and ammunition and almost $10,000 in cash.
Hyson and Pratts were charged with CDS related offenses and released pending court appearances. McGraw was charged with illegal weapons possession and CDS related offenses and his being held on a warrant at the Cape May County Jail.
This investigation was conducted by the Ocean City Detective Bureau.
The charges are as follows:
Mary M. Hyson, age 20, Ocean City
• Charge: Possession of CDS
Tomas Pratts, age 18, Ocean City
• Charges: Possession of CDS
• Distribution of CDS
• Distribution of CDS, 500 ft. of public place
Russell B McGraw, age 29, Ocean City
• Charges: Distribution of CDS
• Distribution of CDS 500 ft. public place
• Possession of weapon for unlawful purpose
• Possession of defaced firearm
• Possession of assault rifle
• Possession of brass knuckles
• Possession of large capacity magazine
• Possession of large capacity ammunition
• Possession of property from criminal activity