DATE: February 26, 2018 CASE: PD-18 – 04810
INCIDENT: CDS Possession – Weapons Offense
LOCATION: 1500 block West Avenue
DATE OF INCIDENT: February 25, 2018 TIME: 2:56pm
On February 25, 2018 at 2:56pm, Ptl. Pat Walsh conducted a motor vehicle stop in the 1500 block of West Avenue for multiple motor vehicle violations. While conducting the motor vehicle stop the officer observed that the occupants were in possession of suspected marijuana. The occupants were placed into custody by the officer. A subsequent search of the vehicle revealed a loaded handgun, .38 caliber Derringer, and additional suspected marijuana. The additional suspected marijuana was packaged in a manner that is commonly used for sale and distribution. Also discovered were a scale and packaging materials. Ptl. Walsh was assisted by Sgt. Koob, Ptl. Doto, Det. Wilent and Det. Mullineaux during the investigation.
Both occupants were placed under arrest and charged with the below offenses. Both were transported to the Cape May County Correctional Facility pending a bail hearing on February 26, 2018.
- Robert J. Dowe, age 22, Black, male, Atlantic City, NJ
- Zayquan E. Osei-Mincey, age 19, black, male, Philadelphia, Pa.
- 2C:39-4.1 Possession of weapon with a CDS Offense 2nd degree
- 2C:39-5a(2) Possession of weapon for unlawful purpose 2nd degree
- 2C:39-5b(1) Unlawful possession of weapon 2nd degree
- 2C:35-5a(1) Possession of marijuana with intent to distribute 3rd degree
- 2C:35-10a(1)Possession of CDS Pills 3rd degree
- 2C:36-2 Possession of drug paraphernalia Disorderly Persons offense
- 2:35-10a(4) Possession of marijuana under 50 grams Disorderly persons offense
OFFICER PREPARING PRESS RELEASE: Capt. Steven K. Ang #236
Professional Standards Division