Ocean City High School’s Key Club and Student Council are hosting a new event this year called St. Baldrick’s on May 31st during community lunch in the main gym. St. Baldrick’s is a non-profit organization that raises money that is put towards research for cures for childhood cancer. Only 4% of federal funding of cancer research is put towards childhood cancer; it is up to charities such as St. Baldrick’s to raise money for this groundbreaking research.
Males will be shaving their heads to raise awareness for the need for funding and to stand in solidarity with the children who do not have a choice as to whether or not they lose their hair. Ladies will donate their hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths, who is partnered with the American Cancer Society. To us, it’s hair. To women battling cancer, it’s hope. Pantene Beautiful Lengths was created to help women feel like themselves again with free, real-hair wigs.
There are four opportunities for students and staff members to get involved:
- Shave their heads to raise awareness for the need for funding and to stand in solidarity with the children who do not have a choice as to whether or not they lose their hair.
- Donate their hair-you must have a minimum of 8 inches to donate. Stylists from local salons will be responsible for cutting and styling their new haircut.
- Create/join a fundraising team.
- Attend the day of the event and make a donation on site.
We are looking for local businesses to help with fundraising and donations. I’ve included a link and directions where businesses can go to make donations”
To donate to a team:
- visit ochssc.org/stbaldricksoc
|Ocean City High School St. Baldrick’s Event | A St. Baldrick’s Event
This St. Baldrick’s Foundation event is raising money for childhood cancer research by shaving heads! Whether you decide to shave your head, volunteer, or donate, we hope you’ll be a part of the excitement.
2. Click Donate
3. Complete the form with your individual/business information so we can recognize you at our event.
St. Baldrick’s will provide the team with the most funds raised with a gold medallion, as well as individual gift cards from Heritage/7th Street for each individual member of the winning team. Any individual who participates in shaving/cutting will have their name placed in a drawing to win a Cruiser Bike from Annarelli’s Bicycle Store. Any individual or businesses who makes a donation will be recognized at the event.
Thank you for contributing to St. Baldrick’s and helping to make Ocean City’s first head shaving event a success!